Sunday, August 17, 2014

Weekend Review




Where did the weekend go? Zoom!!!


I have been faithfully following along with The Yoga Girl 21 Day Challenge. I believe the last picture I shared here was from day 2, so for those of you not on Instagram, I will share days 3,4, and 5.


The theme for day 3 of the yoga girl challenge was Rise & Shine! I am not usually the earliest of risers, but I love my morning rituals. Most days I will sunbathe, oil pull while reading a book or meditating, do some Yoga or other type of exercise and then start blogging. I have never been a breakfast eater and don't usually feel the stirrings of hunger until lunch time. On day 3 though, I made myself an awesome nutrient dense salad for breakfast! That's right...salad. It's not just for lunch anymore.


Day 3 The Yoga Girl Challenge: Rise & Shine! 


The theme for day 4 was Random Act Of Kindness. Mark and I had already planned to spend the afternoon hanging out with my mom, and I had been collecting bath and body care samples (cause I'm just using the seaweed stuff now, remember?) and magazines to give to her and my youngest sister. I'm not sure how random this was, but it was gonna have to do. 


Day 4 The Yoga Girl Challenge: Random Act Of Kindness


That brings us to today. Day 5. The theme is Get Rid Of A Bad Habit. One of my worst habits is sleeping in instead of going to a morning yoga class or workshop or any other morning events. I usually have good intentions, but come morning I find myself choosing the bed over anything else (What can I say? I'm a night owl). Well, I had RSVP'd "going" to an event with some of the local Yoga community today and stuck to it! The event was a kundalini sound kriya with gongs (five of them!) for the sound part. Mark even came with me. :)


Day 5 The Yoga Girl Challenge: Get Rid Of A Bad Habit


So that's where I am with the yoga challenge. But wait! There's more. On Friday I headed down the road to Wheeler Gardens & Florist. I had seen on Facebook that they were having a sale on annuals. $1.00 each! I decided to go and see what I could get for $5.00 or less. I haven't completely given up on the money plant seeds sprouting, but we haven't seen anything yet, so I thought I might as well enjoy some flowers now. Below are a few photos of the mums they are getting in preparation of Fall. 


This photo doesn't even come close to capturing them all! 


More mums!


A selection of the annuals on sale


Ultimately I decided on deep purple petunias and white dianthus. I got four flats for under five dollars and I am sure I will be able to enjoy the flowers until October. 


Nice haul for under five bucks!


Later that night after it cooled off a bit (kinda), Mark and I began the planting. I took the photo below after I had watered them so they look at little droopy. I bet in about a week they will have perked up and filled out (did that sound dirty?). :o


Petunias and Dianthus in the new flower bed. 


I love the delicate nature of dianthus.


As soon as I saw the deep purple petunias I knew they would be going home with me.


While I was outside I topped the dead flowers off the monarda (bee balm) and cut back a bunch of the lemon balm. I hope to see another round of flowers in the Fall. Also, does anyone have suggestions for dried lemon balm? I just like the way they look hanging inside to dry, but really I have no plan for them.


I hung some lemon balm to dry.


This one really shows how we live in a tree house. 


That about sums up the weekend. I want to end this post by sharing the cutest little wooden spoons (kitchen wands) by a company called My Kitchen Wand. I plan to add one of these babies to Witch's Kitchen soon! Aren't they the cutest!? Visit their website for more designs.




~ Love & Light ~





























No comments:

Post a Comment