Monday, August 4, 2014

Tori Amos To Kick Off August







Saturday night was the Tori Amos concert at The Midland Theatre in Kansas City. WOW! What a lovely way to begin August. The Unrepentant Geraldines tour was quite the contrast from the Gold Dust Orchestral tour! When we saw her at the Royal Albert Hall in London in 2012 she was accompanied by the Metropole Orkest...it was just a huge, rich sound! Saturday night was a special treat though...just Tori and her piano (and keyboard and harpsichord ;). She spent the evening revisiting old favorites and doing a few loved covers (Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road!!!!!)--including only a few songs from the new album. 


She has been posting the set lists on her Facebook page after each performance and I feel like she is really going above and beyond to connect with her fans at this stage in her career. I personally have been enjoying her selfies and seeing the different outfits she wears from city to city. 


Tori Amos set list Kansas City, Midland Theatre Aug. 2nd 2014


Mark booked "our" room at our favorite hotel, the Hilton President, which happens to be one block from the venue. When we arrived in town on Saturday afternoon, we put our bags in our room and decided to head to the Cosentino's grocery store across the street. On our way back Mark noticed Tori's tour bus on the side of The Midland, so we walked over to take a look. As luck would have it, she was just arriving and I snapped a paparazzi style photo of her and her bodyguard. Before she went in the door Tori turned back to wave at the small group of us fans. 


Tori arriving at The Midland. 


The next day I saw some beautiful photos of the show in my Facebook feed that were taken by a Springfield yogini named Shanna Marie Higgs. I follow Shanna on Facebook because she is one of those beautiful and inspiring yoga goddesses (who happens to also love Tori) and she was kind enough to let me share one of her awesome photos here. Thank you, Shanna! 


Tori Amos Unrepentant Geraldines Tour -The Midland Theatre KC MO 2014 Photo credit: Shanna Marie Higgs





Before we left KC on Sunday we filled up on the best Indian food this side of the planet...


Buffet at Taj Mahal with my sweetpea. 


And picked up goodies at Phoenix Herb Company...


I need a teletransporter so I can shop here ever week! 


And popped into the Apple store to replace an old USB cord...


Apple store in Leawood, KS. 


On the way home we stopped in Bolivar to use the bathroom at a Kum & Go gas station. When we arrived, I noticed something odd...




Did you see it? That's right. A Kum & Go directly across the street from a Kum & Go!? 


WHAT? How is that even...


My "Are you kidding me?" face.



Although I always enjoy our trips to KC and I love visiting my old haunts, the best part is picking this little ball of wiggles up from the doggie hotel when we get home.


Penny is ready to go home!


So what do you guys have planned this month? I can't wait to hear about it!


~ Love & Light ~













No comments:

Post a Comment