Monday, August 25, 2014

First-Aid Travel Kit




Before I get to the focus of this post (my first-aid kit), I want to share a few photos.


I am so glad that one of my three hostas decided to flower. They are all doing pretty well, but this is the only one that bloomed. The friend who gave them to me was worried they might not take because they were ripped up instead of dug up, so they didn't have much of a root system left. I feel victorious!


Blooming Hosta.


I have two more Yoga Girl Challenge photos to share. The theme yesterday was Get Shit Done. Mark and I spent the day making a travel itinerary and even went out and bought new swimsuits to use at all the hotel pools and hot tubs (and the Ojo Caliente hot springs in NM). It was a busy Sunday but we got a lot accomplished. 


Day 12 Yoga Girl Challenge: Get Shit Done


Today's theme is Be Fearless. As most of my friends and family know, after a nasty car accident many moons ago, I have become a control freak driver. I CANNOT stand to be in the passenger seat and am positive we are all going to die at the hands of anyone driving other than me. This obviously doesn't fare well for road trips. When my husband and I went to California in 2012 we took his car and he drove almost 100% of the time. Needless to say I was stressed. This year we are taking my car because we want the AWD for the mountains. I hate it when other people drive my car and I get WAYYYYYY more nervous than if they are driving me in theirs. So. This phobia is annoying and exhausting. By the time we reach our destination I am pretty worn out from the tense car ride. On this trip I am going to do my best to overcome this fear and relax. As silly as it sounds, it will be hard but I am serious about overcoming this.


Day 13 Yoga Girl Challenge: Be Fearless



Now, let's take a look at the first-aid kit I put together for the trip. I had an old make-up bag that I wasn't using so I cleaned out any powder and other make-up grime that was in it and had the perfect size bag.


Make-up bag turned medicine bag.


I filled it up with all the things I thought we might need in case of a minor injury.


Inside the bag.


First-aid essentials.


1. Band-aids. I also put some of the extra large pad size in the box. 

2. Home made tinctures in spray bottles. Lemon Balm and Hops for anxiety (see above description of car ride phobia).

3. Tums. Cause vacation food can be exotic and rich.

4. Calendula ointment. This is great for rashes and stings. 

5. Peroxide. I put some in a blue bottle.

6. Rubbing Alcohol. I put some in a tiny jar. 

7. Steroid cream. This is for more hard core rashes like poison sumac. 

8. Triple Antibiotic Ointment. For cuts and scrapes.

9. Benadryl cream. For mosquito and spider bites. The itchy ones. 

10. Zip's Muscle Rub. For sore aching muscles.

11. Soothe Your Soles foot wipes. For dirty feet that can't get to a tub.

12. A flashlight.

13. Heartburn pills (for when Tums won't cut it).

14. A box knife. I hope we won't need this for anything, but you never know.

15. Safety pins.

16. Prid drawing salve. For cactus stings and splinters.

17. Eye oil. Made to soothe scratches on the eyeball.

18. Ace Bandage. For sprains.

19. Small Clips. 

20. Ibuprofen. For headaches and painful inflammation.


I have a pocket knife in my car and I a will toss a bottle of aloe vera gel (for burns) in there when I do my final packing. Am I forgetting anything essential? What do you take when you travel? 


~ Love & Light ~








No comments:

Post a Comment