Monday, November 7, 2016

Heading Into The Holidays With A Healed Heart



Art by Henn Kim


Here I am. On the other side. It's been nearly eight weeks since my open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. I can't explain it in words. It's one of those things that can only be experienced and if you're lucky, you'll never have to. It was a hard journey and I am so grateful it's behind me and I am feeling so much better. You guys! My heart is fixed! I still have a road ahead of me. I'm not completely recovered and now I have to get back in shape (recovery is a lot of sitting in bed and not moving). But, I am a modern miracle! I give my love and blessings to Dr. Gillinov for sewing up the very large atrial septal defect in my heart. I am eternally grateful. He is brilliant and saves lives every day. 

I also couldn't have made it through such a terrifying time without the love and support of my family and friends. You guys have been amazing! Mom, Sara, it was so nice of you to come all the way to Cleveland to be with me. That really meant so much. Alicia, you were every bit a best friend. By my side through the entire procedure and a second mother to Fox when Mark and I couldn't be there for him. I know I would have had a complete breakdown if you weren't there with me. 

The amount of love we received when we got home was overwhelming too. We were provided with meals for almost the entirety of my recovery period. Cynarra, I want to thank you especially. The meals you lovingly prepared were so nutritious and just absolutely delicious. You went above and beyond to help us when we returned home. 

Dad, I know you would have been there if you could have, and I am always so thankful for the way you stay rational and calm my fears. I know you were praying for me. I could feel it. 

I want to say that my husband has done everything for me through this entire ordeal. Until he went back to work this morning, I didn't have to lift a finger if I didn't want to. He took care of Fox and kept the house clean and made sure I took my meds and ran all the errands and made sure that we had FUN! (Which is not so easy when you're dealing with a person in pain and doped up on drugs). Mark, you are the most amazing person and I am so happy I get to spend my life with you. 

Finally, little Fox man, you are just so awesome! What a good baby. This kid sat through endless hours of boredom in waiting rooms, slept in his pack-n-play in different hotels, behaved in his car seat for hours on the road, and through it all, I'm pretty sure he found a way to make it kinda fun. 

I don't plan to write about this epic adventure I went through anymore. I'm ready to wrap up this year and start fresh in 2017. I have already started to set things up for a new blog, and will let you all know as soon as I have it up. 

Thank you for reading this and to all of you in the digital world who have supported me through the surgery,  THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

~ Love & Light ~












6 comments:

  1. Mark, you are the most amazing person and I am so happy I get to spend my life with you.


    ทางบ้าน

    ReplyDelete
  2. Escape the confines of time and immerse yourself in one of our perfectly packaged Ayurvedic journeys for relaxation of the mind, body and soul.

    www.golden-slot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. waoo well written post about Heading Into The Holidays With A Healed Heart.

    Thanks,

    Crude Oil Trading Tips | Gold Jackpot Call

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blogs
    Experience KOLORS Hair spa treatment. that not only leaves you with strong and bouncy hair but also makes refreshes your hair. Hair Services

    ReplyDelete