Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lazy Days At Chigger Chalet




Coconut oil deodorant is a bust. I was happy to have found an all natural deodorant that Mark liked and that actually worked for him and then came laundry day. Yep. Stains. Stains on every stinkin' shirt he wore for a week! Luckily, it seems the stains are going to come out after another washing but that also means no more coconut oil under the arms. Isn't that the pits!!! So, the quest continues. You might be wondering why he doesn't just use what I use and for a time he tried it but it just wasn't his thing. I dab a little myrrh oil on and I'm good to go...but I have French blood in my veins so, you know.


Next, I wanna mention eggs. If Mark had to eat only one food for the rest of his life, it just might be eggs. He is half Costa Rican so it isn't really his fault, he is naturally inclined to love them (he even puts them on rice and burgers!). We buy our eggs at the Price Cutter in Ozark and we always make sure to get the Good Natured Family Farms brand. I don't love eggs near as much as Mark does but when I eat them I want the brown eggs, which is what you get from Good Natured Family Farms (I read that white and brown eggs are the same nutritionally but I still like brown better). They also put little notes inside the egg cartons. How cute is that? So if you don't get your eggs at the Farmers Market, maybe consider supporting these guys?


Little notes with updates about the chickens are tucked into every carton.


Remember those money plant seeds that someone gave me at last months herb society meeting? Well, I needed a place to plant them, so Mark and I dug up another garden bed last week. I can't really say if the seeds will grow or not, but I wanted to make a bed incorporating the weird concrete strip in front of the house so that eventually the plants will kinda disguise it. 


The random concrete strip is weird, right?


The new money plant garden bed.


In other news, we took a trip to Barnes & Noble last week and ended up in the children section for half an hour. Did you know they have way more toys than books in the kid's corner? The good stuff too! I suppose most of you guys with kids are like...duh! Who buys books anymore? Of course they sell toys! But for us it was a revelation! I spotted some super cute stuffed guinea pigs with mustaches...


So cute and weird!


Awe, look! A white one!


And as I picked one up and turned it towards Mark to show him its cute little mustache, I noticed...wait? Is that a...a butt hole?


Maybe it is a black spot on his calico behind?


Yep. It's a butt hole.


Nope, the white one has one too.


So I decided against a mustached guinea pig with a butt hole and got something much cooler. Mark found a moon that cycles through its phases. It has all of the craters and accurate topography, is remote controlled to change the settings/phases and serves as nice mood lighting in our bedroom. Below is a video I took of it cycling through the phases. 




The same company (Uncle Milton) also makes Mars and the Earth. I would love to have the whole solar system on the wall. 


While I'm talking about toys and childish things I want to share my anniversary gift. On July 25th Mark and I celebrated our first year of marriage. Mark surprised me with dinner at Giraldi's and when we got home he had another gift waiting. A stuffed Mickey Mouse doll and a Minnie & Mickey card inside a Mickey bag. I thought it was very sweet and I especially liked that the Mickey doll was a throwback vintage version but I still thought it was a unique choice of gift and then I read the card...we are going to Disney World! Yippie! I had made a comment earlier in the summer that I had never been and he must have decided it was time. I can't wait to visit the Magic Kingdom with my best friend. 


A magical gift from a magical man.



So there it is. A little update on these wonderful lazy days of summer here at Chigger Chalet. 


~ Love & Light ~














No comments:

Post a Comment