Friday, August 29, 2014

So Much Love




In just a few hours Mark and I will hit the open road on another journey to the Southwest! Today's Yoga Girl Challenge theme is I Love You and it couldn't have landed on a better day.

I gush about my husband a lot, so it is no secret that he is my best friend and I am madly in love with him. We have so much fun together no matter what we are doing but one of our favorite things is to travel and have adventures together. I took the below photo when we were in London in 2012. I love snapping a pic when he doesn't know what I'm doing. It captures his true sweet spirit.


Day 17 Yoga Girl Challenge: I Love You!


I am also madly in love with Taos, NM. For a long time I didn't understand when people talked about being in love with a place. I liked places and liked experiences I had on my travels, but until my feet landed in Taos (or Northern NM in general) I didn't understand. But, I get it now. I LOVE Taos. I have a passion for the place that makes me speak of it in a poetic fashion. I can go on and on about the way the shadows move across the Sangre De Cristo mountains, or how the sky is the most brilliant sapphire blue...how my spirit can feel how sacred the land is. When we arrive in a few days it will be as if my soul is reunited with an old friend. 

Mark and I have been to New Mexico together, but we stayed in Albuquerque on our way to California. I am so excited to share Taos with him and I hope he loves it as much as I do. 


Tonight we head to Oklahoma and will stay the night in Tulsa. Mark called to ask when the pool and hot tub close and the desk clerk said she will be the only one working tonight and that we can stay in later than the normal closing hour. Wee! I have a personal goal of hitting up every hotel pool and hot tub we stay at. 


Evening light on the Sangre De Cristo Mountains photo by Geraint Smith


~ Love & Light ~


No comments:

Post a Comment