Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Mother Of All Mantises




First of all, yes, the dictionary says mantises is indeed a correct spelling for the plural of mantis. It does sound weird though. BUT regardless, I did see the biggest mantis that I have ever seen, and if you read my blog regularly you know that they make appearances for me all the time.


Mantis almost as long as my hand!


The Mantis Queen.


Thursday night I went out with some of my oldest friends. There were six of us who grew up together. Two sisters in each family. My sister (I know I have two sisters but I didn't get my second one until I was 20!) is in Jefferson City and couldn't make it so we are one shy in the photo. We all try to get together whenever Charmagne, who lives in California, comes to visit. After a half dozen attempts we finally got a decent shot (thanks to Cynarra and her long arms).


Cynarra, Alicia, Christa, Charmagne & Leanne

I suppose I'll give an update on The Yoga Challenge. The theme for day 9 was True Forgiveness. I wrote down the names of people I feel have wronged me (on a thin napkin) or that I might have been holding a grudge against, etc. (myself included) and then flushed it down the toilet thus releasing the negative feelings and forgiving. But seriously...a photo of a toilet is gross no matter how you look at it. Sorry.

Day 9 Yoga Girl Challenge: True Forgiveness


Day 10 was Get Creative and this was super easy and fun. I worked on finishing my art project that I told you guys all about in my last post.


Day 10 Yoga Girl Challenge: Get Creative


Today's theme was one of three Random Act Of Kindness days included in the challenge. We weren't left to our own devices though, Rachel had a specific request for this one:


Tomorrow is Trasdockans Dag (The Day Of The Rag Doll) in Sweden and thousands of people gather at Medborgarplatsen to push for these silent voices to be heard and to give children and adults the courage to break the silence. For one solid minute, everybody screams together. As loud as they can. Young children that suffer from this abuse don't have to voice to speak up so on this day, we gather to do it for them. If you live in the Stockholm area - please go take part in the event and SCREAM FOR KIDS! Lots of people and music and healing vibes and trust me, it feels damn good to scream your head off and let some demons out. The louder we are the more awareness we spread!


She is talking about child victims of sexual abuse, and although many of us doing the challenge aren't in Sweden, she asked that we participate. I did, and I screamed LOUDLY. 


Day 11 Yoga Girl Challenge: Random Act Of Kindness
Have a great weekend everyone! If it is 100ยบ where you are (like it is here) take it easy and remember to drink plenty of fresh water. 


~ Love & Light ~ 




No comments:

Post a Comment