Sunday, November 3, 2013

25 Things I Love About November







Winter is coming. It's getting cold here in Oz. Although I'm not exactly a cold weather person, there are plenty of things to love about November.


25. Hot beverages. Now is the time I make the switch from my tasty iced vanilla lattes and refreshing sun tea to comforting hot java or a hot cuppa.



24. Sweaters. Warm, fuzzy blankets disguised as shirts.



23. Fire! Outside on the deck in the chiminea, inside in the fireplace or at a bonfire. We start burning fires here and there as early as September, but by November we can pretty much count on burning one every day. Added bonus: They sell piñon wood at our hardware store. A piñon fire warms my soul and makes me think of being in Taos, NM.



22. Boots. Break out the boots, kids! Cause they just look cool.



21. Warm accessories. Hats, scarves, and gloves! A fun, seasonal way to change up your look.



20. Pumpkin pie. Right about now pumpkin pie starts showing up at the market. Why wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy it?



19. Snuggling. Mark, Penny, and I like to pile up on the couch under a warm blanket to enjoy the fire and a good movie.



18. Fallen leaves. Just because they're pretty.




17. Thanksgiving.




16. Migrating birds. They look so cool doing their thing in the sky.


15. Cheesy made for TV Thanksgiving movies.



14. Fall scented candles.



13. Chilly walks.



12. Celebrating Dad. Both my father and my father-in-law have November birthdays!



11. A hot shower on a cold morning.



10. Warm PJ's.



9. Mulling spices on the stove.



8. Dogs wearing coats.



7. Thanksgiving Day parades!



6. Fall colors everywhere.



5. Chimney smoke. One of my favorite smells.



4. Curling up with a good book.



3. Eskimo Kisses.



2. The sunrise on a cold morning.



1. A hot bath after a chilly day.





~ Love & Light ~











































No comments:

Post a Comment