Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sound Map: Exploration #14


It is cold and rainy today, but I put on a coat and headed to the back porch to bring you today's exploration from the book, How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith.


Exploration #14


SOUND MAP


Sit in a location for one hour. Document all the sounds you can hear and the times you heard them.


The sounds of rain, cars driving through puddles at the park, and birds calling were constant background noise so I didn't write down EVERY time I heard these things. The rain didn't really help with the assignment because no one was at the park. 


Sound Log Page 1


Sound Log Page 2


I took the following short video to give you an idea of my surroundings.




Beautiful rainy day, but not a lot of sounds happening. 

What is really amazing here on the river, surrounded by all the trees, are the birds that hang out. It sounds like a midwestern jungle. Cardinals, bluejays, chickadees, crows, hawks, robins, golden eagles, turkey vultures, finches, cranes, you name it, we've got 'em. In the next video I captured some of them singing.





I'm glad the task took me outside this morning. I probably would have stayed in otherwise, but instead spent time enjoying the rain and the birds. Well, I think I'll head inside and warm up now! Until tomorrow!




~ Love & Light ~










No comments:

Post a Comment