Monday, November 4, 2013

Miniature Museum: Exploration #9

Here I go again! It's time for the ninth exploration from the book, How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith. This task was made super easy thanks to my mom. She collected miniatures for most of her life, and last year she gave the collection to me.


Exploration #9


MINIATURE MUSEUM


Collect only very small things. Store them in a mint tin or small box.


I selected my favorites from my mom's vast mini collection along with a few small objects I found. I wanted to use only her miniatures but I thought I better put a little effort into the assignment too.


I used a box I've toted around with me since I was a kid. It has a unicorn on the top. As a little girl I was obsessed with horses, pegasus, and unicorns.


The box


Then I added the miniatures.


Little Things


Finally, I arranged them for my museum.




Leanne's Miniature Museum


List of items:

1. Hippopotamus
2. A crate of eggs
3. A wee garden gnome
4. Fawn
5. Penguin
6. White dog (he looks like Cassidy!)
7. Mule
8. Beverage container
9. Pig
10. Baby chicks
11. Polar bear
12. Horse
13. Crocodile
14. Three blind mice
15. Baby duck
16. A clay bead with a palm tree on it
17. Gun
18. Piece from a broken plate
19. Small clip

My dream is to walk around the world. A smallish backpack, all essentials neatly in place. A camera. A notebook. A traveling paint set. A hat. Good shoes. I don't want to trudge up insane mountains or through hill and dale. But now I walk everywhere in the city. Any city. You see everything you need for a lifetime. -Maira Kalman


~ Love & Light ~












No comments:

Post a Comment