Sunday, November 10, 2013

Saturday In The Land Of Oz

Mark and I joined my dad at the B&B Marquee Suites movie theater in Oz this morning to see Thor The Dark World in 3D on the grand screen. (That was a REALLY long sentence!) I love love LOVE the Marquee Suites. It's pretty and clean and comfortable. I love love LOVE RealD (the latest in 3D). Watching Thor and Loki battle the dark elves was a great way to start the day.







We got out of the movie around 2:00pm and it was 63 degrees outside! My dad headed back to Springfield and Mark and I drove to the downtown square to see the holiday open house going on and get some exercise. We did go into a few shops but what I found myself taking interest in was our surroundings. As usual I ended up taking pictures. 


Mark and I both really like this building. 



Antenna and the Moon

Decorative Tile

Santa is in town!

Beautiful Tree


I love the little houses turned businesses.



Brown Eyed Girl Boutique

Torn Boutique

Stump and Shed

The Hatch

If not on the river, I'd want to live in this one.

Fuzzies

Cauldron

Fun windows

War Memorial

Church

Iron Gazebo


I love the 100 year old building that is currently the museum. I picture this as my Freedom School or Spiritual Life Society building one day.

Christian County Historical Society Museum

Historical Society Museum

Crescent Iron Works details

After exploring for a few hours we headed home. We had picked up some German candies at the market earlier. A whole hazelnut sitting in a cup of caramel containing nougat and topped with a chocolate button. Good.


Toffifay German Candies


We hung out on the couch talking and passively watching TV for a while and then it was time for bed. A typical Saturday in Oz. 


Goodnight! 


~ Love & Light ~


































No comments:

Post a Comment