Sunday, December 1, 2013

Goodbye November, Hello December







Hi, everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We had a good time here at Chigger Chalet. My last post was all about the centerpiece at the Thanksgiving table, so I wanted to share a photo of what I put together for ours.


Thanksgiving Centerpiece 2013


I brought together candles, crystals, owls, turkey feathers, sage, cedar, a pinecone and colored glass. I was really happy with the way it looked and have decided to keep it on the kitchen table through the rest of winter. 


Centerpiece/Altar 2013



I also made a decoration to hang on the fireplace mantle. I used empty boxes and colored hemp twine. 




We didn't have a big crowd this year. My side of the family was in Jefferson City at my sisters house. We managed to have a pretty good time nonetheless. 


Mom and Dad

Carrie and Phil

Me and Mark


Yesterday, Mark and I spent the afternoon taking down the fall decorations and decorating for Christmas/winter. 


The tree

The mantle

New ornament for 2013

Today was spent listening to holiday music on Pandora, while I worked on my cookbook and Mark did important things that involve charts and smarts. It was really warm yesterday and today for December in Missouri, but right now the sky looks so white, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few snow flakes. 

We have a pork roast with sauerkraut cooking in the oven and the house smells delicious. I've always thought the smell of sauerkraut as such a winter smell. 

The past couple of days have been fun, but it's back to regular blogging tomorrow. Can you believe 2013 will be over in a month!? Wow! 




~ Love & Light ~
















No comments:

Post a Comment