Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Gift Wish List 2013




Art by Selina Alko



I think it's fair to say that I really love the spirit of the holidays. I love the connection with the cycle of the seasons, the festive decorations, the family get togethers and seasonal foods. What I really, truly, do NOT like is the consumer culture driven idea of gift giving. Don't get me wrong, I like to show love for the people in my life all the time, but I could live without the Dec. 25th deadline. Not only is it stressful to obtain thoughtful gifts that will actually be appreciated or used (within budget of course) but often we have to deal with bad weather and super crowded stores to get everything crossed off our lists. That being said, I realize that I most likely won't be able to convince my family to forgo gift giving, so I do the best I can. Almost as difficult as buying for others, is thinking of gifts you'd like to receive yourself. I don't fancy myself a minimalist really but I am not a materialistic person. I have everything I NEED and if I see something I want I usually buy it for myself. Sooo when Mark asks me what I want for Christmas this year, I am going to have a kick-ass list for him to choose from. Here are the ideas I've come up with so far.


1. Get Fit With Mel B. Who doesn't want to get in shape with a former Spice Girl? We were gifted a Playstation gaming system last year and I've decided to put it to use. I stopped playing video games years and years ago but I've heard good things about the personal trainer "games". If I'm going to have a six inch computer generated trainer though...c'mon! She might as well be Mel.



2. PS3 Move Wand. Because I'm pretty sure Mel B won't work without it. 



3. Witches cauldron copper and sterling silver artisan necklace. I love this necklace. So so sweet. 



4. Handmade Hawk Feather Earrings. Etsy is my favorite place to shop. I have such a gigantic favorites list! These earrings are fabulous. I heart the Southwest! 



5. Lotus flower T. This t-shirt has been on my favorites list for a couple of years now. It almost feels like I already "have" it. I guess it would be cool to actually wear it though. 



Have you guys finished your holiday shopping yet? Have you even started? ;) What five things would you put on your Christmas gift wish list? Inquiring minds (me) want to know. 





~ Love & Light ~










No comments:

Post a Comment