Thursday, December 5, 2013

Winter Is Coming







Today we contend with sleet and snow here in Oz. Just TWO days ago it was sixty degrees outside! I've collected some images that reflect my mood and environment.

I hung four sets of giant bells on the back deck. I like the golden hues in the following shot.










My little perra, Penny. She is always under my feet watching my every move.




The owls are really vocal this time of year. With all of the trees bare the sound of their calls really carries through the air. 





The steps leading to our dock. I love how they just seem to melt into the cliff wall. 




I am particularly fond of this large rock that juts out from the cliff. It has a beautiful green lichen growing on its surface.




In the winter months, the river water becomes so clear that you can see all the way to the bottom. I took the following shot from about seven feet above the surface and you can still plainly see the texture of the river floor.





Right now, at this very moment, it is snowing outside.




Me and Penny are inside where it's warm- fighting for couch space. 




Feeling tired today and looking as pale as the snow myself. I have had wild, vivid dreams the past three nights and restless sleep. 




I've been listening to Tori's album, Midwinter Graces for a few days now. This song feels like the soundtrack for today. 





Thanks for stopping in and looking at today's post. Have a magical day. 




~ Love & Light ~














No comments:

Post a Comment