Thursday, December 12, 2013

Party Cookies




We have a party to attend/host every weekend in December up until Christmas and the next two weeks are going to be crazy busy! I'm going to try to keep blogging regularly (if for nothing than to maintain my own sanity) but it will be hard to make the time until after the holidays. If you guys only hear from me sporadically, that's why. I wasn't as diligent this year about getting my shopping done early. Actually, I haven't done any shopping yet and time is ticking.


The family party that we are hosting is next weekend and I am going to bake cookies for everyone. Here is one of the recipes I'm using. It's from Martha Stewart because, well, she kicks ass. This is a fun cookie that is pretty easy to make. What types of goodies are you making for the holidays?






CHOCOLATE - DIPPED BALL COOKIES


INGREDIENTS

- 1 batch chocolate cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate (12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermints


DIRECTIONS

- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 1 inch apart.

- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees until firm, about 14 to 16 minutes. Dip cooled cookies in melted chocolate; sprinkle with candies, and let set in refrigerator. 




~ Love & Light ~







No comments:

Post a Comment