Friday, December 13, 2013

Found "Paint": Exploration #19





It's another cold and rainy day in Oz. The rain is melting the snow from the streets, but the earth is still covered in ice and snow. I decided to stay indoors to do exploration #19 from the book, How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith. 


Exploration #19


FOUND "PAINT"


While on your travels, come up with as many things as you can find to use as pigment (adding water if necessary). Some examples include crushed berries, mud (using different kinds of dirt), crushed leaves, spices. 




I raided the kitchen cabinets and gathered together items to make my paints from. I was pleased with the array of colors I was able to produce. 


Leanne's "Paint"


Here is a list of the items I used, starting from the upper left and working across for both rows. 


1. Crushed B-12 vitamin

2. Louisiana hot sauce

3. Crushed colored sugar sprinkles (the kind used for decorating cookies)

4. Maraschino cherries

5. Ground cinnamon

6. Crushed colored sugar sprinkles

7. Cranberry sauce

8. Mexican chili powder

9. Turmeric

10. Cayenne pepper

11. Molasses

12. Crushed colored sugar sprinkles




This task was really fun. I think I might draw something and then "paint" it with my homemade hues. Something similar to the photo below maybe.




That wraps up today's blog. I hope everyone in Oz stays safe and warm on this Friday the 13th. 




~ Love & Light ~






No comments:

Post a Comment