Wednesday, October 30, 2013

World Of Color: Exploration #7

For today's exploration I examine the world of color. This assignment from the book, How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith, was a little more challenging than I had anticipated. Picking up the color swatches from my local Lowes hardware store was easy enough, but when it came time to assign the colors to things in my life, it took some time.


Exploration #7:


WORLD OF COLOR


Collect paint chips from a paint or hardware store. Find colors you respond to in the world. Attempt to match them using the chips. (You can also match the colors using a portable paint set.) Make notes of where you saw the colors.


My color swatches

In the following list I will give the name of the swatch as selected by the paint company followed by the name I gave.


1. Dark Truffle- Milk Chocolate
2. Summer Tan- Vanilla Latte'
3. Peach Smoothie- Barbie Doll Skin
4. Freckles- Himalayan Salt Lamp
5. Sangria Red- High School Lipstick
6. Hibiscus Tea- My Blush
7. Cherry Pickin'- Fall Leaves
8. Grape Juice- Blueberry Smoothie
9. Mountain Top- Couch Pillows
10. Purple Rain- Eggplants
11. Evening Twilight- Fireplace Ash
12. Hang Ten- Taos Blue
13. Backstroke- Fabric In Guatemalan Rug
14. Enchanted Green- Fuzzy Bed Blanket
15. Wild Basil- New Eyeshadow
16. Grass Stain- Cactus
17. Olive Martini- My Eye Color
18. Appletini- Reflection Of Yellow Tree Leaves In River


Blueberry Smoothie


Taos Blue


Reflection Of Yellow Tree Leaves In River


I noticed I picked things that are comforting to me when I was choosing things to match to the colors...fuzzy blanket, Taos, food, pillows, etc. I thought about the fact that, just as we do with sounds and smells, when we see certain colors in the world, we relate them to things and experiences from our lives. 


"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it." -Alice Walker, The Color Purple





~ Love & Light ~


P.S. Today is the last day to enter the NPLH October Book Giveaway! Winner to be announced tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment