Thursday, October 24, 2013

Daily Walk: Exploration #4

As promised, I remain dedicated to finishing all of the explorations from How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith. My latest assignment is called Daily Walk.


Exploration #4:


DAILY WALK


Collect objects only on your way to work or school every day. (Try to collect thirty.)


Well, I work at home and don't go to school, so I am just going to have to go out on a few walks strictly for the task. Honestly, it isn't like I need an excuse to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather!


I was going to walk the Finley River walking trail for this exploration, but then at the last minute decided I might have better luck if I walked down by the old Ozark Mill. It didn't take long to find thirty objects.


Old Ozark Mill


Leanne's 30 Objects


This is what I found:

1. A windshield wiper 
2. Blue cloth with attached stuffing
3. The security tape from a CD
4. Spiky ball from a sweet gum tree
5. Wad of purple thread
6. Metal wire
7. Air Head candy wrapper
8. Rubber from a gasket
9. An acorn
10. Soda cup lid
11. Beef jerky wrapper
12. Small white flowers
13. Clover
14. The sticker from a hot/cold insulated bag
15. A piece of a red solo cup
16. A torn page from a phone book
17. Chunk of styrofoam
18. The price tag off a cowboy hat
19. Beverage straw
20. A hair comb
21. Flattened Pepsi can
22. Broken hair band
23. An empty whiskey bottle
24. Nut and bolt
25. Buckeye
26. Piece of a tennis ball
27. A blue rock
28. Bottle of White-Out
29. Red flower
30. Speckled leaf


I liked this project for several reasons. First of all, it got me to go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Secondly, I helped to clean up trash from the area, and last of all, I liked creating a piece of 'art' from cast away objects. 


Do you ever collect things when you are out enjoying nature? What is the coolest or most unusual object you have found on the ground? If you get a chance, please share in the comments section below. That's all for now! 


Every morning when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift! -Thich Nhat Hanh


P.S. Don't forget to enter the No Place Like Home October Book Giveaway! The winner will be announced on Oct. 31st 2013! 


~ Love & Light ~







No comments:

Post a Comment