Monday, September 15, 2014

September Has Been Sweet




Man! I am on a winning streak! Not long ago I won a $100 gift card to Renaissance Bookstore. Before we went on vacation a few weeks ago I won fancy spa grade skin care products from a company called Repechage, and this morning I was notified that I won some jewelry from Sapphire Soul! Weeeeeeee!!!! The bracelets are inspired by the movie Frozen. One is called the Elsa, the other Anna. I haven't seen the movie yet, but now I totally will. I am really excited about the crystal pendant too.


Jewelry I won from Sapphire Soul.


Winning the jewelry is just the capstone on the pyramid though, September has been awesome all around (starting the month off in Taos didn't hurt matters). 


Let's talk about my hair for a second. Beside the fact that I need to get it trimmed, I have been really happy with it recently. I am back to the shade of blonde I love and I have a new favorite hair product to share with you. I love to stalk and become friends with super talented people via Facebook. I friended a woman who lives in Santa Fe earlier this year after learning about the herbal body care products she makes. Her business is Plantfolk Apothecary and you should give her products a look if only for the Vetiver + Argan hair oil (although I'm sure you'll want to try everything!). We met at the Taos Farmer's Market a few Saturdays back and she is just a sweet, lovely person. I love it when virtual friends become real friends. Oh yeah, and I thought it worth mentioning that Julia Roberts bought a bunch of her products recently! How fun is that!  


Vetiver + Argan hair elixer by Plantfolk Apothecary


Loving my hair lately.


Also Taos related is the amethyst point Mark picked out while we were there. He has a good eye! I think it is beautiful and just want to show it off.


Amethyst point.

Just no way to capture its brilliance in a photo.


It is looking like the end of the tomato season around here. These might be my last Cherokee Purples. I have a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes still on the vine to harvest later today and then I think we are done until next year.


Late summer cherokee purple tomatoes.



And today's recipe from the Taos Whole Foods Cook Book is...


The Master Cleanse


The cayenne makes it nice and warming. I used boiling water and natural (no fructose corn syrup) maple syrup in mine. Yum.


We have many oak trees on our property and I have been busy collecting acorns that fall on the deck (if I can get them before Penny does) and using them for a little Fall decor on the table outside. I filled small mason jars with the acorns and stuck battery operated tea light candles in the center. We have plenty of acorns to go around even if the squirrels raid my stash. 


Fall inspired candles on back deck table.


Here is a shot of Penny the acorn eater...


Acorn gathering is very tiring work.


Mark and I were at Lowe's the other night and saw this custom job on a box. Nice, right? We got a giggle out of it. Why not carry google eyes around with you for when opportunity presents itself? 


He is really excited by that plate of BBQ.


Probably the best thing about September so far was the family gathering we hosted yesterday. The weather was perfect for sitting outside and I love spending time with our family. Of course, it's the moments I am having a good time that I forget to take photos. I am going to make a better effort to remember to capture some of these moments from now on. 


I really hope you are having a great September too.


~ Love & Light ~









No comments:

Post a Comment