Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Romantic Notions




I like books... no...I LOVE books. I just can't get into the e-reader thing. I love the smell and the feel of the pages, the cover art, and making notes and highlighting passages. I know you can do all of those things with an e-reader, but to me it isn't the same. All of the romance is zapped straight outta the thing!


In a world where everyone texts, e-mails, sends e-cards and Instant Messages, hand written notes scrawled in books and letters are a thing of the past. We no longer put our personal signature into our communications. Our hand writing is an extension of who we are. The way we shape our letters, how large or small we write, which way our words slant. All of these things reveal something about the person we are.




It is so meaningful when someone takes the time to sit down and hand write a letter or a message in a card. When I receive a letter in the mail my heart speeds a little (and thanks to a close friend who also loves to write I DO get letters in the mail). I make a point to send out Christmas cards every year. Each year the cards I get in return are fewer and fewer with more people just giving a shout out on Facebook. To me it just won't do. Words and symbols carry an energy, a vibration. Using your hand and a pen to create them on paper seals your personal intention and vibration into the words as well. It is one of the easiest and most powerful forms of magic.




When you hand write notes, you retain the information better than you do when you are mindlessly punching away at a keyboard. By writing it out, the information is imprinting in your mind as well. By writing it out or journaling our thoughts and plans we are purging the storage cabinets of the mind and creating room to relax. We are also leaving a trail of our soul's journey by keeping a log of our thoughts, dreams and events in our lives. 




I think of Autumn as a romantic season. The chill in the air is a good reason to wrap your arms around someone, go on a coffee date or roll around in a pile of leaves. It is also my favorite time to sit outside and write. Write letters to my friend, journal, make lists, sketch, and make notes in the books I'm reading. I love to put on a cozy sweater with comfy leggings and sip some hot tea while I transfer the thoughts from my mind onto paper. So romantic. So magical. 




~ Love & Light ~







No comments:

Post a Comment