Thursday, September 11, 2014

Initiation In The Great Pyramid




I am currently reading Initiation In The Great Pyramid by Earlyne Chaney. I had written down the title on a piece of paper at some point and came across it last month. I couldn't remember what made me think I should read it but I decided that if I wrote it down I had good reason. I ordered a used copy off Amazon and read the first few pages a few days ago. I am excited to discover how the story will unfold.


From the book: "This book, Initiation in the Great Pyramid, relates the training and initiations that occurred in the days of ancient Egypt. It vividly portrays the progression of a postulant through his journey as a neophyte, as a disciple, then as an initiate through the highest initiation in the Mystery School of the Great Pyramid - and then the attainment as a hierophant or Master of the Lodge, and finally the ultimate achievement, that of Ptah the supreme pontiff, or Pope, of the Lodge. The purpose of the book is to help seekers on the path of light better to understand the highest possible initiation - that which occurs during death.


#Egypt #Past Life Recall #Death Journey


I also wanted to mention a sweet little book trilogy I found on the shelf at the casita we stayed at while in Taos. I can't feature them as a "currently reading" because I read them already but they are beautifully illustrated and are little treasures I couldn't keep to myself. The lady who owns the casita said we could take any of the books we wanted because they were there when she bought the place and she has no attachment to them. 

The three books are titled, Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence, Sabine's Notebook: In Which The Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine Continues, and The Golden Mean: In Which The Extraordinary Correspondence of Griffin & Sabine Concludes by Nick Bantock. As explained in the titles these stories are letters written between two people, Griffin and Sabine. The author, Nick Bantock is a pop-up book creator and in that spirit these books have a taste of that element. The books contain letters that must be removed from their envelopes to be read.


#Love Story #Mystery #Fantasy


I love to read near a scented candle, especially when it isn't practical to have a fire burning. The scent and the warm glow of the flame make me feel cozy. While we were driving The Enchanted Circle in New Mexico, we stopped in the town of Eagle Nest (it was an accident really, we missed our turn). While taking in the storybook scene of this tiny mountain town we stopped at a little gift shop advertising a sale. We ended up getting a few "travel" candles...you know, the kind in a little tin container with a lid. I always end up putting a bunch of tea lights in a plastic baggie when I travel but these are much more practical! I've bought them before but it never occurred to me how they are perfect for tossing in a bag. I will forever take them on all trips, picnics, camping, etc. It really warms your home away from home to have a comforting scent and the glow of the candle light. 



Why did I not make the connection before? Duh!


The lily pads are receding on the river banks, the leaves are slowly dropping from the trees, and today the air has a slight nip in it...a promise of Fall. I have the back door open letting in fresh air and I just poured a hot cup of tea and lit my candle...time to escape to the great pyramid.


~ Love & Light ~



No comments:

Post a Comment