Friday, September 19, 2014

I've Got That Fall Feeling




I started my day with another awesome yoga session at Yoga Belly with Jill Michaels. By getting up and going to class I had set the tone for an awesome day. I felt relaxed and ready to get shit done! (and I did. I even vacuumed).

This coming Sunday is the Autumn Equinox or Mabon as it is known to Pagans. If you are in Springfield you might be planning to celebrate at Cider Days or maybe Autumn Daze in Branson? We are leaning towards Autumn Daze in Branson since we did Cider Days last year, but the weekend is so busy I don't know if we will get a chance! I know for sure that I will be stopping in at Wheeler Gardens and Florist here in Ozark for their annual Fall Open House. I want to check out all of the decorations and arrangements (plus they'll have refreshments and a raffle contest!).

Sunday at 1:00pm is the Wild Edibles Herb Walk led by Bo Brown with the Springfield Herb Society. I have never been on an official herb walk before and I'm really glad my friend Cynarra will be joining me in the experience! If you want to come too just bring $8.00 and meet at the commuter parking lot off Evans road and Hwy. 65. around 12:30pm.

I am going to decorate the house tonight after dinner. I thought I would wait until Mabon, but with such a busy weekend I think I'll go ahead and put things out.


I hauled up the Fall decor from the basement.


To kick off the first weekend of Fall (kinda) I am going to make Sausage Stuffed Squash for dinner. Below is the recipe for this classic dish if you wanna try it. It is from the 1962 Betty Crocker Cooking Calendar. I love, love, love this book. It has fun recipes for every holiday!


Seasonal comfort food!


When I got home from the market with my squash and sausage in tow, the gifts I won from Sapphire Soul had arrived! I love all three items. What a special treat to start the weekend. The bracelets are inspired by the Disney movie Frozen and I am going to make a point to watch it this holiday season (with my little nieces if I'm lucky). 


Prizes I won from the Sapphire Soul *Frozen* inspired giveaway!


Well, I can hardly wait to close this laptop and get started with the decorating! If you have followed my blog for a while then you know that this is my absolute favorite time of year. As a matter of fact, the image below pretty much sums it all up. ;) 




Merry Mabon! 

~ Love & Light ~









No comments:

Post a Comment