Thursday, June 19, 2014

Close Encounters In Oz




So, Tuesday morning I decided to read on the back deck while I was oil pulling. After I sat down in my comfy rocking chair I felt something tickle my left arm. I looked at the area where I felt the tickle expecting to see a spider, but to my surprise I saw a teeny tiny alien...well, really it was a baby praying mantis but I always think of them as tiny aliens. You'll probably have to click on the photos to enlarge them if you can see him clearly.


Tiny alien perched on my hand.


He walked around on my arm for a good 5 minutes but he kept heading towards my hair, so I finally put him on the table. He stuck around for almost 20 minutes so I took some photos. 


He was so little my camera had a hard time focusing in on him.


He played on the table and kept pausing to check me out. He was as interested in me as I was in him. He kept trying to get back on my arm.




He didn't take his eyes off of me for long.


Then he decided to get a closer look at the book I was reading. 


Hey! I'm more exciting than your book!




See ya later! 

After about twenty minutes of scurrying around my timer went off and it was time to go spit out the oil in my mouth. I said goodbye to my new friend (using telepathy of course because my mouth was full of coconut oil) and said a little prayer that he wouldn't be gobbled up by a bird or a spider. I am really happy he stopped by to visit. (For those of you who noticed, yes I'm only on page 76 of The Earthbreakers! I told you I have a hard time with historical fiction but I admit, 76 pages in over two months is a reading record low for me...but I'm determined to finish it).


Below are a few photos of another slightly larger alien we encountered last year. Now that I think about it, it seems that these dudes have an affinity for me. I run into them more than the average person. If only I had pictures of every time I saw one of the guys...lucky for you I don't, so this post is drawing to a close. 





Mark spots the alien.




He enjoyed having his photo taken. ;)


The following info. is from Spirit-Animals.com:


If Praying Mantis has crawled into your space;

Usually the Praying Mantis makes an appearance when we’ve flooded our lives with so much business, activity, or chaos that we can no longer hear the still small voice within us. Taking a step back and some simple meditation would be in order here because the external din we’ve created needs to be quieted so that we can come back to our own truth. The Praying Mantis always comes to us when we need peace, quiet and calm in our lives.

If the Praying Mantis is your Animal Totem:

You have learned to take your time and live your life at your silent pace. You never make any movement without careful thought or contemplation. You know exactly where you are going and when you will get there. Even within this calm and serene environment you are capable of quick and decisive action when opportunity presents itself.

If Praying Mantis has come flying in your dreams:

To dream of Praying Mantis is to understand that your intuition is trying to guide you at this moment. All the gut reactions and instinctual emotions you have been feeling of late are trying to tell you something about the situation you are currently in. Trust your feelings and act appropriately. Retreat, pounce or be pounced on.


Additional Associations…

  • Power of calmness
  • Balance
  • Patience
  • Stillnes
  • Silence
  • Time of meditation
  • Mindful
  • Inner Reflection
  • Stillness  in Healing or in Creativity
  • Direct the body’s energy to empower the body.
  • Awareness
  • Intuition



Have you had any encounters lately? What animals are making an appearance in your life this year? I would love to hear from you!


~ Love & Light ~









No comments:

Post a Comment