Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Shifting Things Around For Summer




It's not officially summer until the 21st, but it is sizzling outside and I was ready for a shift in energy inside the house. I took down the Spring decor and moved things around a bit to make the space feel more summer-ish.


I always start with the fireplace mantle. I feel like the fireplace is the heart of the house and the major focal point in the living room.


Sunflowers and quartz crystals.


I placed a few of the miniatures my mom gave me into the terrarium.


Mini garden gnome and fawn.

The silver bowl my friend Chris gave to me looks lovely filled with the fake fruits I found at an antique store in Branson last year.

Fruit in a bowl.


 Bright colors of summer.


I moved the new fluorite and calcite crystals to the top of the hutch in the dining area.


That's a lot of cookbooks! 


Green fluorite and golden calcite are so summer.

Completely unrelated to my summer decorating is this awesome thrift store score that Mark spotted a few weeks ago. It is a really solid stone mortar and pestle and we nabbed it for two dollars! Pretty sweet.




I plan to plant a few things in containers in the next few days. I'm still bummed that the garden space we were working on isn't an option for planting right now but I want to plant something bright and colorful for summer and I have a few containers to play around with. I'll share photos when I've put something together. 


~ Love & Light ~













1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, I am considering talking about the same in my blog.
    Movers Tampa

    ReplyDelete