Friday, July 11, 2014

Weekend Fun




Let me start with another hair situation update. I was in Springfield yesterday and found myself at MaMa Jean's so I decided to find something there to clean my dirty locks with. I had an idea of making a hair wash with seaweed but have you seen the price of a not-so-big bag of seaweed lately? It would have been about ten dollars a wash! So no seaweed. I took a look at the shampoo section and to my delight I spotted a seaweed shampoo free of detergents and harsh chemicals made by a company called The Seaweed Bath Co. I decided to get it (it was only ten dollars for the bottle) and am really hoping it works well.


P.S. They make soap, lotion, and other products too.


I was actually out yesterday with my mom. It was her birthday and she, my youngest sister Dallis, and I went to Nearly Famous for lunch. The food at this deli and pasta house is absolutely delicious and we shared a piece of some kind of magical cake after our meal that was fabulous! Nearly Famous is on Glenstone across from the Battlefield Mall. If you find yourself over there grab some lunch. 


A magical cake that (according to our waiter) is made by faeries.


Speaking of food, get a load of the salad I ate for lunch today. It was bursting with greens, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, olives, carrots, mushrooms, beets, celery, almond slivers, sunflower seeds, tomato, goat cheese and blueberries drizzled with champagne vinaigrette. Whew! Deeelicious! 


I try to eat one of these bad boys every day. 


It was also a beautiful afternoon for sunbathing.




Oh! And I don't want to forget to mention that tonight through Sunday is the Christian County Fair at the Finley River Park (complete with a rodeo). Have a great weekend! 


~ Love & Light ~









No comments:

Post a Comment