Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Beauty Of July





July! What a wonderful month here in the Ozarks. The flowers are in full bloom everywhere you look, people are out and about taking advantage of the long days, we celebrate Independence Day and slow down the pace of life in the heat and humidity. 


I forgot to post a picture of the hostas I planted on the side of the house and I promised I would several posts back. It isn't the most beautiful bed but I love them anyway. 




I spotted a small bunny while I was watering the herb garden this morning. It lives under the honeysuckle bush to the right. She was munching on grass when I paused to take her photo but I have a feeling she might have been planning to dine on some of my herbs! 




The honeysuckle bush is in bloom and smells as lovely as it looks. My sister Sara and I used to love to taste the sweet nectar from these flowers when we were kids. I read the other day that honeysuckle represents prosperity and that you should bring some of the blooms indoors to invite prosperity into your life. 




The monarda (aka bee balm) in the herb garden is also flowering. I love these interesting flowers!







Below is a photo of a small passion flower plant that a fellow student in my herb study group gave to me. Mark and I are going to walk around the grounds of Chigger Chalet tonight and find the perfect place to plant it. It is a climbing vine so it has to be just the right spot. 




We have a break today from the intense heat and humidity of the past week. I am in heaven relaxing on the deck in my old rocking chair, watching the trees sway in the wind and listening to the children playing across the river at the park. Truly a perfect summer day. 





~ Love & Light ~


No comments:

Post a Comment