Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Exactly What I'm Going To Do




It seems my hair is finally back to normal. No more gunky weighed down locks. I think I'll stick with The Seaweed Bath Co. shampoo for now. It cleans nicely and I love the way it smells. I did extensive research last night and found all kinds of beauty products made with seaweed (even makeup!). Seaweed. It's my new thing. And coconut oil. I finally got my coconut oil order from Tropical Traditions last week.


My goodies from Tropical Traditions


First of all, the oil is awesome! It tastes delicious and feels great on the skin too. I have been taking a teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening. I am also using the teeth cleaner and really liking it. I usually just use baking soda and this is a mix of baking soda, coconut oil and essential oils...so it tastes a whole lot better than plain baking soda. The deodorant was a gift for Mark and he isn't exactly loving it, but I don't think anyone transitioning from a heavy duty antiperspirant to a natural deodorant loves it at first. He has decided to keep at it for a while. The lip balm...well, it is coconut oil lip balm! What's not to love? If nothing else, I am really pleased with the oil and plan to keep ordering it. 


Below is a couple photos of a strange little alien I found on the back deck a few days ago. Crazy, right? What is it? 






And today I snapped a few photos of the sweet cows who live down the road. It is a beautiful day in the mid-seventies and they were having a great time relaxing in the pond. It was a lot of fun watching them. 







Last night I went to the Springfield Area Herb Society meeting and had a great time. This meeting was a Christmas In July and we shared ideas for handmade Christmas gifts involving herbs. One of the members brought in some seed pods from a money plant to share. I only came away with one silver dollar and a few seeds but I will plant them and see what happens. I also think I will continue to go to the monthly meeting to enhance my journey into herbalism. 


Seeds from a money plant. Looks like I got three.


I don't know if it is all of the work with herbs I am doing or the book I am working on (more about my book later) but I am feeling super witchy lately. I feel happiest when I am learning about herbs, the elements, alchemy, animal and plant totems and all things that to me define the interests of a witch. They say to give your attention to the things that excite you and make you happy, and that is exactly what I'm going to do.




~ Love & Light ~


PS- I haven't given up on my projects from How To Be An Explorer Of The World. The one I am currently working on is just taking me a long time. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment