Monday, July 7, 2014

During Slow Hot Summer Days




How am I filling my time during these slow hot summer days?


Late last week I got wind that a coconut oil company named Tropical Traditions was running a special...spend a minimum of $12.99 and get a free quart of organic extra virgin coconut oil (retail of $40.00). I've been oil pilling every morning for a while now, so heck yeah I wanted to buy some cool coconut based products and get free oil too! I placed the order and while checking out I noticed that the company was also sending me a free book. Sweet. The book arrived on Saturday (the rest of the order shipped from a different location and hasn't arrived yet) and it is very informative. I can't wait for my coconut oil to arrive...I have many new uses I want to experiment with now beside oil pulling. So yeah, I'm on a coconut oil kick.


Mark and I took Penny for a walk yesterday at the Bluff Springs Trail near our house. I mention this because we stopped to admire an interesting tree along the way and guess what Mark spotted on one of the branches? A praying mantis! This one was a different variety than the typical green guys. He was smaller and curvier and a grayish-blue color. Very cool. I couldn't get a snap of him but he looked like the guy in the photo below.




Speaking of strange creatures, you remember the fun muppet movies from the 80's, right? The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth? Think back to the wacky Labyrinth starring David Bowie. Remember the baby he snatches? The cute little guy in the stripped pajamas?




Well, his name is Toby Froud and he is all grown up.




Why is this exciting? Because he and Jim Henson's daughter, Heather, recently premiered their own puppet fantasy short film called Lessons Learned! Woo! It looks really cool





As soon as I learn more about it and when we can watch it I'll let you know. 


Can you handle more awesomeness than a new Froud/Hansen puppet movie? If so, you should check out the new Tori Amos album, Unrepentant Geraldines. It is so nice to have new Tori music. I picked up the deluxe edition at CD Warehouse on Saturday and have been devouring it ever since. Yes, I bought an actual CD. I never do anymore unless it's Tori, then I just have to have a physical disc. Old school over here. ;) I can't wait to see her in a few weeks in KC! WEE!










So that's how I've been passing the time. What are you guys up to? 


~ Love & Light ~



























No comments:

Post a Comment