Monday, March 30, 2015

What I'm Loving Now






This post is all about what I'm loving these days. Spring is literally a breath of fresh air and feels like such an appropriate time for change and beginning creative endeavors, so I wanted to share some of the things I've just gotta have during this beautiful season. 




1. Outdoor Yoga. I'm almost positive I've posted about this before, but it is worth sharing again. One of my absolute favorite things about the warming weather is taking my yoga practice outside. I trade the spicy smells of incense for the smell of the river on the wind, my wall tapestries for the clouds in the sky and the low glow of candle light for nourishing sunlight! Being outside transforms my practice and makes it new again. 




2. Culottes. I hadn't worn a pair of culottes in years, and then my sister Sara gave me a pair. My love was rekindled. So comfortable, breezy and cute with a tee shirt or tank top, culottes are a major win for me right now. Maybe not suitable for all occasions though...I wore mine (which are soft knit cotton) to a yoga class I went to in Dublin, and lets just say my classmates got a peek of my legs ALL THE WAY UP TO MY BUTT every time we did an inversion pose. They are probably best left off the yoga matt.





3. Dried mission figs. Although these are even better if you can get them fresh, I like the convenience and lasting power of a bag of dried (one 16 oz. bag usually lasts me around 3 weeks). These flavorful babies provide plenty of health befits and go well with my morning bowl of oatmeal. I buy the organic black mission figs at MaMa Jean's Market. 




4. Raspberry Leaf Tea. This is my go to tea these days. Tasty hot or iced, it is refreshing and strengthens the female system. I love the organic Traditional Medicinals brand. 





Penny Marie


5. The Hound. Okay, I love this dog everyday 365, but c'mon! How cute is she? I had to share this picture. She is seriously the sweetest, most snuggly dog ever. And I totally love her. 


That wraps up my little post for the day! I'm headed to the market now to buy some fruit. I'll be back soon!


~ Love & Light ~














No comments:

Post a Comment