Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring Things





Spring fireplace mantel.


If you've noticed I haven't been blogging as much lately, you would be right. Spring is in the air and I have been keeping myself busy around the house and in the yard. I think we were all feeling a little stir crazy and it has been so nice to open the windows and get outside! 


Front door plaque. 


I spent the day of the Spring Equinox packing away all traces of winter and bringing out the spring decorations. You guys know from past posts how much I love celebrating the seasons and I always look forward to changing up the energy at Chigger Chalet on the Solstices. 


Silk flowers in a basket from Thailand.


I won't do most of my planting in the gardens until Mother's Day weekend (a tradition of mine) but I am cleaning up the herb and flower beds and we are putting in a vegetable garden this year. Our friend down the road got himself a truck load of zoodoo from the Dickerson Park Zoo, and had enough to spare a 4x16 foot bed for our yard! 


Zoodoo to become our vegetable garden.


I also made several spring planters for the front stoop and one for the back deck.


Spring planter.


Flowers are popping up from residents past...


Spring beauties!


The park across the river is buzzing with the sounds of children playing, dogs barking and people having fun. We have seen a lot of people kayaking and canoeing this past week too.


Spring planter on the deck, and a couple picnicking at the river bank.


Mark has been helping with the spring projects too. After loathing the wood paneling in the entryway every time I walked through the front door, we finally decided to do something about it! Mark painted the room a lovely pale gray over the weekend. The color is called woodsmoke by Eddie Bauer.


Wood paneling in the entryway.


We haven't added the finishing touches to the space (like new light switch plates, a new ceiling lamp and a storage bench) but I will post a picture when we have it finished. Just the fresh paint has changed the room dramatically and makes it feel much bigger than before.


New woodsmoke paint.


So, that's what we have been up to over here on the Finley. Soon the Farmers Market will be open, the festival season will be upon us and our calendars will be overflowing with things to do! I'll be sure to share my experiences with you! 


~ Love & Light ~












No comments:

Post a Comment