Monday, March 9, 2015

Crystal Nails In Oz




I'm 35 years old, and until last week, I had never had a professional manicure! I have good nails and don't wear polish, so doing them myself has always been easy. Enter my pal Rcena, who gets her nails done regularly. The last few times we have hung out, I found myself starring at her perfectly shaped and colored nails. She told me that she gets the gel nails and that they last a long time and don't chip. I filed this information away in my "maybe one day" folder and forgot about it.


My sister Sara and her family made a last minute decision to come to town for a visit this past Friday. For some reason I got the idea stuck in my head that I should get a gel nail manicure before we went to visit them at my mom's house that night. I didn't want to drive in to Springfield though (where Rcena gets her nails done), so I looked for a place in Ozark. There are several salons that do nails in town, but I chose a place called Crystal Nails. Randomly.


Crystal Nails Salon


The first thing I noticed when I walked through the door was the intense smell of acetone. If you don't like the smell of finger nail polish, I'm afraid you wouldn't last a second! After a few minutes I adjusted (or was high off the fumes and forgot about it). The salon is clean; the staff was nice, and they had me choose my color and began the manicure right away. I had called to make an appointment, but walk-ins are welcome too. Half an hour later my nail technician, Cam, had finished, and I was really happy with the look. She charged $25 (gel nails are considered a deluxe manicure) and I felt it was a fair price.


I probably won't be getting manicures regularly, but a few times a year when I'm feelin' fancy I will definitely pop by Crystal Nails to get the royal treatment. I would recommend their services to anyone looking for a manicure or pedicure!


My gel nails by Crystal Nails in Ozark.


Crystal Nails
1742 s. 20th st.
Ozark, MO. 65721
417-485-4456


~ Love & Light ~




No comments:

Post a Comment