Thursday, October 23, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Witches




With Samhain next week, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of the witchy women who inspire me. Most of these women only play witches on TV and in movies, and one isn't a witch at all, (although she is famous for her witchy spirit). But all of them inspire me to bring a little more magic into my life.


1. Gillian Owens (Nicole Kidman) in Practical Magic. Eccentric and free spirited, I think I see my younger self in Gillian. It is a tradition of mine to watch this movie sometime in October. I think I love it more each time, oh! and the house. Love the house!


Nicole Kidman as Gillian Owens


2. Stevie Nicks. Okay, I know she isn't really a witch, and she has said as much numerous times over the years, but she has inspired witchy ways in women worldwide and I absolutely couldn't leave her off the list. With her gypsy fashion and hypnotic voice, Stevie oozes witchy! 


A young Stevie Nicks


3. Misty Day (Lily Rabe) in American Horror Story: Coven. I couldn't mention Stevie Nicks (who also appears in AHS: Coven) without including her biggest fan, Misty Day. Misty was by far my favorite witch from Coven. I loved her Stevie inspired look and her earthy, shaman like powers. She was a good witch through and through. 




4. Rosemary Carver (Olympia Dukakis) in The Last Keepers. This feel good (and yes, cheesy) movie is one I really love. Rosemary Carver is the grandma everyone wishes they had. Warm and encouraging, she is also wise and talented...the fact that she is a witch is just the icing on the cake. She is the crone I aspire to be (and the house...another fabulous house)!


Olympia Dukakis as Rosemary Carter


5. Wendy Beauchamp (Madchen Amick) in Witches Of East End. Wendy is fun and wild...maybe a little careless at times, but her fashion sense more than makes up for that! I like her playfulness and the joy her character brings to her otherwise dramatic TV family. And the house. The Beauchamp house is by far my most favorite witchy house of them all! 


Madchen Amick as Wendy Beauchamp


So there you have it! The fictional witches I love the most. Who are your favorites?


~ Love & Light ~











No comments:

Post a Comment