Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Nesting




Looks like I'm not the only one nesting here at the Chalet! I have noticed a most beautiful little yellowish-orange bird hanging around on the back deck lately. She isn't the yellow of a finch, but a more orange color. She is tiny like a finch though. Well, a few days ago I noticed her jump into a small bucket (the size of a small plant pot) and then she tossed some dry grass from inside it. After she took off again I went outside to see what she was up to and to my surprise she had built a nest inside the bucket! I haven't been able to get a photo of the bird yet; every time I approach the window she flies off, but I am going to keep an eye on the nest to see if she lays eggs.



The Bucket.


The little nest.


Little yellow bird isn't the only one making a nest around here! I have been cleaning out closets, drawers, and last week we got the guest room all cleared out so we can begin its transformation into the nursery. 


Future nursery. 


This is pretty much all I've been doing lately. Cleaning and rearranging. It doesn't leave a lot to write about! I'm excited to post updates as the room progresses. We plan to paint the walls this weekend. I'll also post a list of the baby/birth books I've been reading over the last 4 months, so stay tuned for that! Until then...


~ Love & Light ~


No comments:

Post a Comment