Monday, June 1, 2015

Beach Baby




We went to Florida a few weekends back. Our plan was to spend one day at Disney World and one day at Universal Orlando. Well, after a long day at Disney, my feet were aching, my lower back was sore and I was starting to rethink spending the next day at Universal. I blamed my exhaustion on being pregnant, but honestly I think that park would have kicked my ass even if I wasn't toting a tiny human around in my body. Don't get me wrong, we had fun, but by the next morning we were thinking the beach sounded mighty nice!

I sprayed myself from head to toe in sunblock, squeezed into my now extremely tight swimsuit and we hit the road. Our drive was a little over an hour, but we were going to a top secret beach that we knew wouldn't be crowded with people. It was worth it too...so beautiful.

Mark and I stayed on the Atlantic Ocean while we were in Ireland, but it was February and far too cold to swim. That made this trip to Florida the first time either of us had swam in the Atlantic. We had gotten a late start and stopped for lunch on the way, so by the time we got there the tide was getting high. I had never been in the ocean when the waves were so intense and I was honestly a little intimidated. Mark was completely comfortable and kept reassuring me that we would be fine. It took me a good long while, but I slowly inched my way in deeper and deeper until we were riding the BIG waves! I mean, yeah, I got smacked a few times until I got the hang of floating on them, but once I had it, I HAD IT! It felt absolutely fantastic to surrender to the power of the ocean and knowing my baby was with me made it a truly magical experience. It was the most fun I have had in a long time! Sorry Disney, but you just can't compete with Mother Nature!




~ Love & Light ~

2 comments:

  1. You are missing the obligatory baby bump shot missy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Annie! This was the only shot we took at the beach. I put my phone in the car right afterward so it wouldn't get wet. I do have bump pics on my Instagram! LMJ14 or Leanne JourneyAgain. Thanks for reading my blog, friend!

    ReplyDelete