Friday, June 12, 2015

Nesting Part 2




Yesterday I went on the back deck to clear away the dozens of spider webs clinging to the patio furniture, the wind chimes, and strewn from beam to beam. This is a daily task. If I don't keep up with it (which I haven't been good about this year), the deck turns into a giant creepy web cocoon.

After de-webbing the area, I went for a peek in the birdie bucket that is sitting on a stool near the picture windows. I was so delighted to see that little yellow bird had laid three eggs!


Speckled eggs.


In the next photo I put my hand in for perspective. Look how tiny they are! 


Wee little eggs.


...
Too cute!


Today I went out on the deck to toss a peach that was over ripe into the water (fish love old peaches. It's true!) I decided to check in on the nest while I was there and guess what?


Now we have four eggs!


She laid a fourth egg! Super! Yay! So cool! I'm really glad she is liking her bucket house even with us humans nosing around and checking on her progress everyday. I just think it's the sweetest. The only thing I can't figure out is how the tiny birdies are going to get OUT of the bucket when it's time. 


~ Love & Light ~







No comments:

Post a Comment