Monday, November 3, 2014

October Reflections






Stew in the crock pot, fireplace glowing with warmth. The smell of pumpkin harvest from the wax burner and cinnamon candles lace the air. Autumn winds push the current of the river quickly along and leaves fall from the trees like a dry snow. Burning wood pops and crackles, the rustling of the trees a lullaby of sky ocean, an owl hoots on the bank across the water. The hound is curled up in a tight ball nestled into the soft leather of the couch, and soft, heavy blankets drape our legs cocooning us in comfort. The coffee mug warms my hands as I bring its sweet elixir to my lips...bitter bean caffeine to keep me alert during this season of slumber. I watch the world fold into itself around me. A beautiful winding down. A time we call October. 


Queen Of The Forest (my baby sister) photo credit: Dallis Peterson 


No comments:

Post a Comment