Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rainy Day Post




My poison sumac rash is FINALLY over! I haven't had to use the steroid cream for three days. Now I wait for the scars to fade ( I look like I got into a fight with a cat--and the cat won). I am so relieved to be done with the painful itch.


Today is the kind of day I LOVE. Overcast sky, rain showers, and rumbling thunder. I'm cozied up on the couch wearing jammies and my chunky socks from Tibet and sipping tea I picked up this past weekend at Phoenix Herb Co. in Kansas City. As soon as I finish this post I am going to continue reading/studying the awesome book, Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide by Rosemary Gladstar.




I took a short video of the rain shower just now. 





The river looks a lot different than it did just a few weeks ago. The lily pads are thick this year. Now that the trees have all grown in we have total privacy from the people hanging out at the park, just in time for summer parties. I took a few shots late last week.


Lily pads on the water.



Curtain of trees.


The hole in the tree curtain that lets the light into my sunbathing spot.


More lily pads.


While Mark and I were away in Kansas City this weekend, Penny got to hang out with her friends at Caroline's Pampered Pet Motel. She always gets a new scarf each time she stays. 


Penny wearing her new flower scarf.


I hope all of you had a nice Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to get back to my book now! 


~ Love & Light ~







No comments:

Post a Comment