Monday, May 5, 2014

Garden Excavation Part 2




Happy Cinco De Mayo! I had a busy week and didn't have much time for blogging, hopefully I'll be able to write more this week. The hubs and I worked on our garden project yesterday and I wanted to post some photos. We were out there for about four hours before we stopped. It was ninety degrees!


In the photo below you can see that we are starting to clear out the top tier. You can see the side of the house!




I worked on the bottom tier removing rocks and plant roots. It looks so much better but is far from done.




The rock pile is growing! 





Mark started by clearing the stairs. They were covered in leaves and ivy vines. Before we know it we will actually be able to use them!




We have accumulated a huge pile of brush and will need to find someone to come haul it off.






Of course during the rock removal process I ran across all kinds of neat rocks and shells. I put some aside to clean up and take into the house. I love the stripes on the little rock below.




I also found about five of the really sparkly rocks that look like geodes only they are flat. I haven't cleaned them yet but they are really pretty in the sunlight. My iphone couldn't capture the sparkle. It looks like I'm holding a piece of toast!




Well, that's all I have for today. I am really enjoying working on this space and even the nettle stings aren't going to discourage me.  Enjoy a taco and a margarita tonight! Thanks for reading!


~ Love & Light ~















No comments:

Post a Comment