Thursday, May 8, 2014

Blind Observation: Exploration #28




I'm ready for exploration #28 from the book, How To Be An Explorer Of The World: Portable Art Life Museum by Keri Smith. Let's start with the instructions.


Exploration #28


BLIND OBSERVATION


Place an object or a series of objects in your pocket. Describe them using only touch.


I chose three items from around the house and stuck them in the oversized pocket of the pajama bottoms I am wearing. This is how they feel to me (the objects--not the pajama bottoms).


Object 1: cylindrical, tubular, solid yet it gives if you press on it, textured but smooth, hollow, open at both ends, roughly three inches long and the tube is just smaller than my pinky finger.


Object 2: solid with no give when I press on it, smooth with a few spots of light texture that feel like pits, flat on one side and curved on the other. Object fits in the palm of my hand and I can easily close my hand around it.


Object 3: solid with no give when pressed, smooth flat surfaces that come together in sharp lines, object feels tetragonal with points on either end, it is small--about the size of a grape.


I thought about revealing what the items are but then decided it would be more fun to keep it a mystery. If anyone guesses correctly though, I'll post a picture of the item. Anyway, this was an easy exploration and provided me with a short distraction from my insanely itchy sumac rash. INSANELY. ITCHY.


I just realized this post has no pictures. That just seems wrong, so here is a cute picture of Penny.




~ Love & Light ~


3 comments:

  1. 1. cooked penne noodle
    2. a shell
    3. crystal

    Did you try the Aloe Life for your skin, hunny? Plantain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guessed number three correctly, Fifi! Also, I have been using an aloe vera gel, but not the Aloe Life brand. My patience has about run thin and I think I might go to the clinic for a prescription tomorrow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete