Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Mindful Mom-To-Be




The Mindful Mom-To-Be by Lori Bregman.






I haven't been writing any "currently reading" posts over the past seven months because pretty much ALL I have been reading are pregnancy books. And frankly...a lot of them kinda sucked. I thought about doing my top 5 (I've read over a dozen at this point) but most of the books on pregnancy that I really love are classics that everyone already knows about, like Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin. I decided not to write about pregnancy books, but then one I had ordered from Amazon showed up. A new book published this year that some of you might not have heard of. And it is really good! My new favorite. The Mindful Mom-To-Be: A Modern Doula's Guide To Building A Healthy Foundation From Pregnancy Through Birth by Lori Bregman. So if you are pregnant or have a friend who is, this is my number one book recommendation.


Lori is a doula out in Santa Monica, CA. and founder of the Rooted for Life pregnancy coaching program. I am a fan of her book namely because I love how the chapters are broken down into months of pregnancy. Each month/chapter contains tips, recipes, exercises and coping advice specific for that phase of your pregnancy journey. She also conveys a more modern and spiritual side that is missing from a lot of the other books I read.


So there it is. My number one pick. I hope I'm not boring you to death with too many pregnancy posts. Thursday I'll be 30 weeks along, so before long you'll only be bored with baby posts! Seriously though, thanks for stopping by and having a read. Eventually I'll get regular with publishing content again, and who knows what the future holds ~ I've been feeling the urge to overhaul the blog or start from scratch. So much change in my life makes me feel called to change up the blog too. Everything in its time.


~ Love & Light ~



No comments:

Post a Comment