Thursday, December 11, 2014

Two Eagles




A pair of eagles were hunting the river late this morning. I knew something was happening when I walked outside and a large group of geese were frozen on the river. Not frozen like ice, but motionless. It was so quiet. Then I noticed the eagles perched in a tree behind my house and across the river. I sat on the deck and watched them for twenty minutes. The male cried out several times and it was fantastic! They kept an eye on Penny and I and the male made eye contact with me several times.


In the photo they are not very visible. I used the full zoom on my iphone but this is the best I could come up with. They are huge birds and the photo doesn't convey their size well. The male is toward the top of the tree and the female is to the right and pretty far below him.


A pair of eagles hunt the Finley River.


It is believed that if an eagle makes an appearance for you, the ability to hear spiritually and physically will awaken. The Native Americans say that eagle carries our prayers to The Creator. Eagle asks you to give yourself permission to be free so you may reach the joy your heart longs for. 


I am ecstatic to see this pair! I had heard that they lived on the Finley from neighbors and I even saw the male whiz by low to the water during the summer one drizzly afternoon, but having so much time to gaze at them today was an honor. They are majestic and beautiful beings. I embrace the wisdom imparted by these magical birds. 


~ Love & Light ~

No comments:

Post a Comment