Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Giving Thanks




Well, we pulled it off! Thanksgiving came and went, and we all survived. The turkey Mark made was delicious and everyone else contributed with delicious side dishes. I couldn't imagine what a major undertaking it would have been if Mark and I had cooked all of the food! I hope this is just the first of many we host. Of course, I was running around like a crazy woman, so I didn't get many pictures at all. Here are the few I somehow managed to remember and take.


The centerpiece I made. Complete with real turkey feathers and crystals.


It was fun having the girls at Chigger Chalet. They really enjoyed being on the deck looking over the river. They had fun throwing acorns into the water.


My nieces at the Kid's Table.

Nana gave up her spot at the table to squeeze in more time with her grand babies at the kiddie table.

Mom and the nieces.


In the below photo, my mom is sitting with the little ones at the kid's table and I am the one taking the photo, but I believe the rest of the crew is in this one. I wish I had thought to take a photo of the table before everyone sat down. I thought it looked very pretty.





Left side front to back: Mark, Yenzel, Scott, Sara and Thomas. Right side front to back: Dad, Carrie, Phil, Simon and Dallis





Watching The Wizard Of Oz after eating.

Those are the only photos I managed to get away with. Something is better than nothing! It was a great day and I am honored that we got to have everyone together in our home again. 


Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. -Cicero




~ Love & Light ~








No comments:

Post a Comment