Monday, December 8, 2014

Deck The Halls




I swore I wouldn't do it. I promised myself. No posting holiday decoration photos. And yet here I am.


Sorry.

Behold, the tree! Somehow this blurry photo is the only one I took of the tree by itself.


The Christmas tree 2014


Isn't our new woodland Santa adorable? I love his soft scarf. I didn't plan to buy any new Christmas decorations this year, but when I saw him I just couldn't resist!


Woodland Santa.

The mantel already looks a bit different since I took this photo. It is now filling up with the Christmas cards coming in the mail. Also, the framed print of the basset hound putting out cookies for Santa has its own spot in the kitchen now. ( Thank you Amber! I love that basset hound print!).

Christmas mantel.


Some of my crystals and a whimsical tree.


Arrangement of crystals and tree.

I absolutely love this holiday tray I found at Target a few years ago. It has purple in it!! Perfect for the living room coffee table.

A hard to find Christmas decoration with purple in it!


Below are some photos I spruced up with Instagram. This first one is my winter centerpiece on the kitchen table. I think it looks much better in person, it was hard to photograph.


Winter centerpiece.

This next one was meant to show what I have done on top of the kitchen hutch, but I ended up keeping it because I like how it shows the new green paint and a peek of the purple hallway.

The new wall colors.


We had some extra lighted garland and used it to dress up the windows over the couch.


Lighted garland.

We found this cute little Santa at Susan's Christmas Shop in Santa Fe. He is actually a painted New Mexico chile.

New Mexico chile Santa.


The fire is so much more cozy with stockings and garland.


Toasty fire.

In 2012 when Mark and I celebrated our first Christmas together, we started a tradition of adding one ornament per year with that year's date. This year we added this little gem to our collection. The perfect way to always remember our Southwest Adventure of 2014.



That is all of 'em folks! I will leave you with a tune I've been enjoying this month. 





~ Love & Light ~

















No comments:

Post a Comment