Friday, March 21, 2014

Celebrating Spring




Yesterday was the first official day of Spring and I spent the afternoon decorating for the season. It is so nice to welcome warmer weather after the bitter cold winter we had.

I surrounded the Buddha on our mantle with beautiful flowers.






I also sat him on a doily my Grandmother Jernigan made.



On the kitchen table I put together a Spring centerpiece. I made a bird nest from twine and colorful string that I had around the house and a wooden yellow bird from the antique store across the road.




I placed the centerpiece on a GIANT doily my Grandma made.




Below is a view from above.




On the reverse side I placed some quartz crystals, an amethyst stone, a rose quartz, a tiny pastel Buddha made by Tibetan refugees and little decorative water cans that my sister Sara gave to me. 




It felt really good to change things up around the house. I also opened the back door and windows to air the place out. After cleaning the ceiling cobwebs and storing away anything wintery, our place feels fresh and peaceful. 


Did you do anything special for the first day of Spring? What do you decorate with or what Spring cleaning rituals do you have? I know a lot of you are already out working in the garden! I am looking forward to planting some flowers and herbs as it continues to warm. Of course, I'll share photos of those too! 


~ Love & Light ~






No comments:

Post a Comment