Monday, January 20, 2014

Year Of The Horse






2014 hasn't started off the way I would have hoped. I was sick for the first two weeks of January and since then have been feeling less than motivated. I have an overall feeling of sluggishness and feel like I've been catching up on sleep. Today I read an interesting article about the coming energy shift arriving around January 31st - February 4th, the Chinese New Year. It gave me hope that soon my energy levels will pick up and I will be able to truly start the new year!


  


2014 is the year of the green wood horse. The Chinese zodiac calendar comprises 12 animal signs and the horse is the seventh among all of them. Legend has it that in ancient times, Buddha asked all the animals to meet him on Chinese New Year. Twelve came and Buddha named a year after each one. He announced that the people born in each animal's year would have some of that animals personality. The Chinese believe the horse is a symbol of nobility, class, speed and perseverance. This will be a rapid year with dynamic movements. Wood is the element associated with growth, spring, something new coming out or breaking through, and creativity. The other elements in Chinese astrology are fire, water, earth, and metal. 




2014 will not see a dull moment. The horse likes adventure and freedom! The energy will be ideal for allowing yourself to be free physically and spiritually. The horse teaches us to trust our instincts and intuition. The horse is about action and not over thinking or procrastinating. The year of the horse will be fast and steady and will not wait for you to over analyze. 




I am looking forward to the year of the wood horse and all that it brings! 






~ Love & Light ~















No comments:

Post a Comment