Thursday, January 9, 2014

What I'm Loving In January







I've been in hibernation mode recently and totally living in my head so I have no local restaurants, businesses or events to talk about. I do have a list of the things I've been loving thus far in 2014.





* Purple. I've always loved purple and it shows up A LOT in my decor, possessions, and wardrobe. But I'm feeling a really strong pull toward this color lately. My sister Sara and I once discussed words that we don't like. I can't stand the word crevice. Less for how it sounds and more because it makes me think about the space between the wrinkles in my brain. Her word is purple. She said that she dislikes the way it sounds. I've thought about it and now I think it sounds like a descriptive for a bodily function...like burp, belch, fart, sneeze. (can you believe she let out a purple right in front of the entire class?). Anyway, I still love the color.



* Olive Oil. I've been using it as a face and body moisturizer, to remove make-up, to nourish and shine hair, lips, cuticles...I've basically been bathing in the stuff. Liquid gold. Here are 50+ ways to use olive oil. No spa membership required.




* Jena Malone. I first really noticed her in 2001 alongside Jake Gyllenhaal in Donnie Darko. Then she ended up in many of the type of movies I like. I haven't seen her in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire yet, but I have watched two of her films in January and really liked them both. Saved and In Our Nature. Beside working as an actress, she is also involved in music projects and even created her own instrument. She's artistic, unconventional, and classy.





* Copper Hair. I've been seeing copper hair everywhere lately and I LOVE it. With the rise in redhead popularity, there are a lot more red hair dye shades available now than just a few years ago. Which copper is right for you?





* Tumblr. I've had a crush on Tumblr for a while now, but as my interest in Facebook and other social media fades my love for Tumblr gets stronger. It really speaks to the hedonistic side of humanity. If that doesn't make sense to you then maybe you need to spend more time exploring Tumblr. 


So that's five things I've been into so far this year. I'll stop at five...I've been liking the number five a lot too. What have you guys been up to? Are there any new fads or trends you are loving? Music? Art? I discovered a new artist while watching the series Lilyhammer (awesome show, btw). Her name is Ingrid Olava and she is amazing! I'll end this post with one of her videos. Enjoy! 





~ Love & Light ~








No comments:

Post a Comment