Sunday, November 11, 2012

Diwali



Diwali (Indian Festival of Lights) begins tomorrow and I found a restaurant here in the Ozarks that throws a party to celebrate! Diwali is the victory of good over evil or light over darkness. It has a major religious significance for Hindus. For more information on the festival check out www.diwali2012.in.

Honestly, I was a little surprised that one of only TWO Indian restaurants in Springfield has a weekend celebration for Diwali. I mean, we aren't exactly crawling with Indian people here in the land of the hillbilly. BUT now I am super curious to see who will show up to this shindig at Gem of India. The celebration is this weekend, the 16th and 17th, from 5pm to midnight. They will have a grand buffet, DJ, belly dancers, a curry eating contest and more! I have no idea what to expect but I'm sure it will prove to be entertaining and at the very least we will get to fill up on a lot of decent Indian fare. The address is 211 W. Battlefield in Springfield, MO. I'll see you there! Happy Diwali!

~Love & Light~


No comments:

Post a Comment