Monday, January 26, 2015

Children Are Magic






When you don't have kids of your own, it's easy to forget how inspiring spending time with them can be. I always come away with a renewed sense of wonder and an appreciation for the magic all around us after spending time with a young one.  Seeing the world through a child's eyes is healing and reminds the spirit of its purpose here on Earth. 


On Saturday, I had lunch with my friend Rcena. She had her little niece Emma with her. Emma is two years old, was so well behaved, and a lot of fun to spend time with. I enjoyed watching her try the different foods at the Aviary Cafe and name the decorations she recognized. Watching her reminded me to view the world around me with fresh eyes, and to appreciate the little details, like the sour of a fresh lemon or the warmth of a cup of coffee. 


Emma enjoying her juice.


If, like me, you don't have children, consider finding a few to hang out with from time to time. It's one of the best ways to lift your spirits and bring a smile to your face!





~ Love & Light ~









No comments:

Post a Comment