Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Brings The Cold





Arctic temperatures through Wednesday this week. It feels like winter now, but the sun is shining and the ground is dry. If the snow doesn't find us here in Oz, it won't be for lack of cold.

I rise in the mornings at 6:00am to do yoga. From my studio this morning I had a view of the gaggle of Canadian geese that call the Finley home. They were still curled up in oval shapes waiting for the sun to rise. A most curious sight.


Geese on the river before sunrise.


The eagles I wrote about several weeks ago are still here. Mark woke me up the day before yesterday when he spotted the male putting on a show over the water. I was so happy to see him again, but even more happy that he made an appearance for Mark. I wrapped myself in a blanket and we went out into the cold and watched him until he took off south following the river. 


The variety of birds on our patch of paradise is many. Right outside our bedroom window is the tiniest, most cute little nest. It has fluff springing out of it in the most adorably schizophrenic way. 


Tiny bird's nest at Chigger Chalet.


My sister Sara and her brood were here for the New Year. All of us went to dinner one night and we came away with a photo of the sisters.


Sara, Dallis and Leanne. Photo by Simon Ball


Sara and I also got a chance to get away for a girl's lunch with the old school crew. The six of us grew up in the hood together. 


Cynarra, Sara, Charmagne, Leanne, Christa and Alicia. Photo by random employee guy on his break. 


Group selfie! 


My brother-in-law also caught a sweet moment between me and his daughter Mallory after the belated family gift exchange.


Leanne and Mallory. Photo by Scott Cisco


Penny got a new present too!


Penny and her Christmas bone. That thing didn't last long!


I have so much on the to-do list for January! I have much to accomplish before we leave for Ireland next month. The year of The Sheep could prove to be my most productive yet. Sheep can only move forward, (seriously, the can't go backward.) and they are tough and resilient. Mark and I were both born in October of 1979, making us both Sheep according to the Chinese zodiac. This year is so ours!!!


~ Love & Light ~












No comments:

Post a Comment