Monday, October 22, 2012

Home On The River

Hello! Welcome to No Place Like Home. My name is Leanne and this is a blog about my life in Oz (a.k.a. Ozark, MO). Basically this is a collection of stories about my fabulous boyfriend, Mark, our adorable basset hound, Penny, and our daily happenings here on the Finley River in Oz. The following is a little back story to bring you up to speed.

Mark and I originally met when we were sixteen. He was an instructor at the karate school I was attending in Springfield, MO. I thought he was cute, he thought I was cute and life went on. We went to separate high schools and a few years after graduation he ended up in California and I moved to Kansas City. The years rolled on and we each experienced many adventures, growing into adults along the way. Had it not been for the creation of Facebook, it is likely that we might have never reunited. Then in 2009 I received a friend request from Mark. Two years later our friendship had grown into something more and by March of this year we both knew it was time to make a move. We knew we wanted to be together but I was still in KC and he was then in Hawaii. It only made sense that we come home. We decided a small town right outside of Springfield would be ideal and a day after we arrived in town an ad posted for a house on the Finley River in Ozark ( a quick 10 minute drive from Springfield). It was kismet. June 1st we were officially living on the river and a few weeks after that we added Penny to our little family.

Fast. Yes. But when something is right and you can FEEL it you have to take action. I'm glad you stopped by No Place Like Home and I hope you will return and read along as our story grows.

~Love & Light ~

               

Penny's new winter coat

Leanne & Mark



No comments:

Post a Comment